Hello Beautiful Momma,
I posted a tutorial on my Instagram live-feed a few days ago about my kale-chip factory and got a lot of requests to share it on here. I’m happy to do that. I love to hear from my readers and enjoy receiving your messages.
A few facts:
– They’re very pricey at the store.
– I tried a couple different store-bought flavors while traveling. Couldn’t finish.
– Kale is a powerhouse when it comes to nutrition. To name a few: tons of fiber, protein, iron. 1 cup of kale chips contain 130% of your daily vitamin C needs & 600% of vitamin K.
They’re slaying it.
Ya see…us mommas can sometimes be the most depleted women: of proper nutrition, adequate water and rest (what’s that)?
How often do you miss a meal, running on empty?
You’re busy busy busy.
“I’m hungry” “I want a snack” “Mooooom!!!!”
Seriously though. I know you wouldn’t want any different life. Motherhood is this crazy-awesome rollercoaster ride that has its ups and downs, and just when you think you’re gonna lose it – God reminds you to come to Him and find rest.
To drink of living water.
001. Buy the cheapest bunch of kale you can find.
002. Wash it thoroughly. Double check for dirt in the crevices.
003. Cut out the long hard stem. Google “tasty ways to cook kale stems” or toss it.
004. Chop kale into large pieces. Run through a salad spinner or blot with towel/napkin.
005. Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees f.
006. Put kale into large colander, toss & dry 2-3 min with a hair blow-dryer. What a sight!
007. Season with olive oil & a couple pinches of salt/black pepper. Itsy-bit. Don’t over-salt.
008. Spread onto parchment-paper lined baking sheet.
009. Bake 10 min.
010. Toss the kale a bit/flip it & bake for another 8-10 minutes.
*Kale chips can be seasoned many ways. The sky is the limit. Any of these (and more!) can be used separately:
Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Lawry’s Garlic Salt, a pinch of cayenne, parmesan cheese, sesame seeds etc..
Most important: anything containing salt, you’ll need to be careful with. A couple pinches will do. Kale chips have natural flavor, they don’t require much.
Now, if only our kids didn’t require much… 🙂
But they don’t, really. All they truly want is our love & attention.